is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Heather Parrish Perfect in Patsy Cline Role, Always


I cannot hear the song Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home? without thinking of good times sitting at the piano with my father. Even though the guy in the song is obviously a cheater, his gal still wants him to come home.


My Dad played a lot of songs like that, and I would sing along, blithely turn pages and laugh at the lyrics, not having a clue in the world what they meant. Now my friend Heather Parrish is singing that song every night at the Studio Players Carriage House Theatre, in her role as Patsy Cline in Always. Heather's voice can wrap itself around a song and deliver it like nobody's business. She's a not-to-be-missed singer, and I am so glad that she has a venue in which to showcase her talent.

When I worked with her at Wild Oats (a/k/a Mild Goats) a few years ago, the music on the store system was always geared toward the holiday at hand. Since she and I both are of the rare ilk that actually adore holiday music, we sang every song through Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas without minding one little bitty-bit. Our co-workers and customers would oftentimes roll their eyes at our joy, but our spirits were not to be dampened by the bah-humbuggers. She was a blast to work with, a very kind and wonderful manager to work for, and she gave me rides home when I would've otherwise had to walk or ride the bus, in the cold, like an animal.

Heather's a great gal, and I wish her all the best in the musical that is blessed to have her as its star. I hope I can get over to see her perform, because it will be fabulous, I am sure!

Studio Players Carriage House Theatre 154 W. Bell Ct., Lexington, KY, 40502 (859) 225-0370 - home of Studio Players, the Carriage House Theatre is located behind the Bell House in Lexington's picturesque and historic Bell Court.
pray for peace, y'all, Kimmy

No comments: