is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day After

It's been a few days since I checked in with my collective self here. It's not like me to not want to write, but this year's post-Derby letdown has overwhelmed me a bit and apart from that, Mother's Day always takes me on a journey to Melancholy City. It's a day that usually doesn't pass without a weepy moment or two. I miss my Mom. I miss my family.


Mother's Day is tough; and Father's Day is on its way.


If I could use 'bah, humbug' here, I would, trust me.


You would th
ink that as I got older, it would be easier to have Holidays pass without the stinging tears, the red cheeks and chapped lips that always stay behind long after I have what some people call a good cry. Good cry, my ass. Crying just sucks. It does. I just want to make a pound of white gravy and eat it over a 6-pak of biscuits. Yeah, it's that kind of funk for which there is no oinkment. (I still like that joke, though...

I yam, however, kind of glad it's Monday night and I have the week ahead of me to anticipate a measure of success or two. I wrote a nice piece for Ace Weekly that will publish on Wednesday (I will be staking out all the big red newsstands downtown around 5 o'clocky or so. It's a sweet moment when I open the Ace and see how my Editrix has turned my music into a masterpiece). The people about whom I wrote are like so many others that I've met through my literary love affair with the artistic and activist community here in the Bluegrass. They are devoted, passionate, empathetic, expressive -- and I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to peek into their lives and hopefully bring some insight to my readers in both print and here in KimmyVille. Also, I have some very good pals, and have recently heard from some old friends who are all so sweet and lovely to me and that is reason enough for celebration, right? So why am I weepin? Don't ask me. I'll cry ;-) Oops, I smiley-faced again. I must be feeling better.

For all of you who've stuck with me so far, thanks for reading all this. I appreciate it. I promise I will get back to Thoroughbred news tomorrow, though. Sooner or later, I am going to have to blog about how those mean and awful 'other' horse owners have been conspiring to keep Rachel Alexandra from earning her title as Ass Kicker of the Year.


Pray for peace, y'all,
Kimmy

No comments: