is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Color Me Independent


by Kim Thomas

I have been told that my blog is messy (the font's never the same; the color's never the same; the style changes). Also, the same critic told me that I write too much about HORSES!

Guess what?

That makes me very very happy. I really don't give a rat's patootie if someone doesn't like the way I write, or is critical of the way my blog looks. It's homemade, it's real, it's not fake and I'm not here to advertise myself under the guise of being altruistic.
Also, the Thoroughbred industry has been very very good to Kentucky; I am NOT going to throw it under the bus. Our horse farms are the breeding grounds for the world's finest Thoroughbreds and without their existence, Lexington would be just another college town. We cannot ignore the scenery here - it's too gorgeous to not embrace and adore!


I also have to say that I do write about other subjects, i.e., stopping domestic violence; saving the Hemlocks; and wonderful artistic events like Silas House's new play, Long Time Travelling currently showing at the Downtown Arts Center, Holler Poets Series, WoodSongs Old-Time Radio Hour and oh, so much more, like Side by Side, the collaborative art-meets-healthcare program at Cardinal Hill Hospital. Just scroll on down and you will find many, many other topics. I took up the Derby blogging because it was winter at the time, and I felt it would be great to bring a little springtime into Kimmyville.

But I don't want you to worry, my little Lambchops. I'm not running for Mayor, I will most likely never be considered an "Outlier" and I am not anything like the person who slammed my bloggy-blog. My readers love me, and that's really all that matters. As my Editrix at Ace Weekly says, "I'm not the boss; the READERS are the boss!"

All I have to say is : Thank the Good Lord up above that I am erratic, I am spontaneous, and I am genuine.

Color me independent :)













No comments: