is the grass any bluer...

is the grass any bluer...
...in Cincinnati!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time May Change Me, but I Can't Change Time!


by Kim Thomas

It’s bbaaacckkkk! On Saturday night, we lose an hour to the change in time.

That’s right, daylight savings time will cause us to lose sleep, get up way too early and push our clocks ahead from 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. on March 8 this year. We won’t get it back until we "fall back" on November 1.

Warning: this post has no purpose other than to whine about losing sleep and give you notice to set your clock forward on Saturday...as IF you won't hear it anywhere else.

I dread the thought of getting even less sleep than I do now, so I tried to find some advice to prepare myself in the next few days so I might make the transition easier. So far, the advice is all stuff I don’t want to do, like moving up my bedtime and wake time little by little. I can’t manage to go to sleep and wake up NOW when I want, let alone having less time to do it. Besides, who will watch Letterman if I'm not up? Who's gonna have that midnight bowl of Cherrios, huh?

Another clever tip from one of the daylight savings time advisors: I'm told to have breakfast in front of a window in order expose myself to sunlight as early as I can. Breakfast. Read above; I have my breakfast at midnight.

I am just going to have to bite the bullet and wait for Saturday night to creep up on me. No preparation will ready me for the shock that it is really 6:00 a.m. even though the clock says 7...and to think I couldn't wait for March to get here. Meh.

No comments: